Now that the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa is pver, the World is already looking forward to the next one, the FIFA 2014 World Cup Brazil.
People are already starting to look and search information about Brazil, the official host cities, what to expect and do during the World Cup. One of the official host cities confirmed by FIFA is Curitiba, the capital city of the Brazilian state of Paraná (the state of the world-wide famous Iguassu Falls too). Curitiba has the largest population (1.8 million inhabitants – 7th largest nationwide) and the largest economy in Southern Brazil. According to he American magazine Reader’s Digest, the city is considered the best place to live in Brazil…
If Curitiba is considered the best city to live in Brazil, what about to visit? What to do? What to expect?
The EMBRATUR – Brazilian Tourist Board, selected 14 good reasons for you to visit Curitiba during your travellings around Brazil and of course, during the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil:
1) Host City for 1950 and 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil.
2) World’s Most Sustainable City (Globe Award 2010 – Sweden).
5) The cleanest city in South America.
6) Brazil’s largest ethnic diversity.
7) Best cultural destiny in Southern Brazil (Veja Magazine).
8) 4th best brazilian city for tourism (Trip and Tourism Magazine).
9) Brazilian 3rd best infraestructure (Exame Magazine)
11) Various gastronomy options with influence of numerous ethnies.
13) Home of Atlético Paranaense, Coritiba and Paraná, soccer teams with 6 national championship titles.
We would love to hear your comments! Feel free to share and leave a comment about other reasons to visit Curitiba.