Curitiba has been attracting and facinating tourists more and more. To help you to understand this fact, we are giving you here 20 reasons to visit Curitiba and show you that once in Brazil you can not miss the oportunity to visit one of the most amazing cities in Brazil.
1. Fourth best city of the Brazil to do tourism (Viagem & Turismo Magazine – Nov/2007);
2. Best cultural destiny in Southern Brazil (Veja Magazine – Dec/2007)
3. Reference in life quality;
4. 52 m² of green area for inhabitant, with more than 30 parks and forests;
5. Curitiba has more than 150 hotels, 10.000 apartments and 18.000 beds in several categories;
7. New best businesses destination in Brazil (Veja Magazine – Dec/2006);
8. 3rd Best infrastructure of the country (Exame Magazine – Nov/2006);
9. Best cost-benefit (Veja magazine – Dec/2007);
10. It is one of the 5 best cities in Latin America for businesses (América Economia – May/2006);
11. Airport located 20 minutes from downtown;
12. Located only 1 hour and 20 minutes from Rio de Janeiro and 50 minutes of São Paulo in direct flights;
13. Located in a strategic point of Mercosul and has an highway network;
14. Model in urban planning and public transportation rewarded internationally;
15. Pioneer in environmental actions, such as the separation of the garbage, hosting in 2006, the events of UNO about biodiversity and biosafety;
16. In 2007, Curitiba occupied the 8th place among the Brazilian cities that received more international events (Ranking ICCA);
17. Curitiba has more than 100 places for events;
18. Diverse gastronomical options influenced by countless heritages present in the city like Italians, Germans, Ukrainians, Arabs, Poles, Portuguese, Japanese among others;
19. Counts with more than 30 malls, handcraft and gastronomy fairs/market, besides thematic streets in several locations of the city;
20. Was chosen in 2003 as “The American Culture Capital”.
Fonte: Material Promocional do Curitiba Convention & Visitors Bureau.